Sunday, May 17, 2009

Epidermolysis Bullosa


I had a terrible time learning how to pronounce Epidermolysis Bullosa. With so many asking me about it, figure I had better get it right. I am always encountering something I wasn’t aware of on a home inspection. You would think, at my age, and with my background, there wouldn’t be anything new I would find in something that is old. But there are.

I often must explain my terminology. I assume that people know what efflorescence is or that I wouldn’t need to explain a hose-bib anti siphon valve or draft/combustion/make up air to a seasoned Realtor, but I do. You would think that everyone would understand positive drainage, but they don’t. Yet, it is why so many basements leak and even seasoned builders simply do not understand the principle.

I am very fond of a particular word “exacerbated”. Don’t know what it means, look it up. I love the way pronouncing it rolls off of my tongue. It’s a great word for a home inspector and I use it once in a while and wonder if the reader has a clue what it means. For example, the lack of positive drainage along the front wall of this home exacerbates basement leakage. Sounds like a professor, doesn't it?

Epidermolysis Bullosa is a serious condition. I hope that you never need to learn to pronounce it, let alone discover what it is. I would however appreciate if you would take a moment and learn how you can help me defeat it by simply clicking here. Please spread the word about what you discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that this blog is moderated and that all comments are reviewed and approved before they are displayed. NO comment with a commercial link will be accepted!