- Can you send me a resume of your experience and background? My Response
- What happens if I am not satisfied with your performance? Do I get my money back? Will you pay for someone else to do a second inspection? My Response
- Do you offer a warranty on issues which may be an issue when I move in the home? My Response
- Do you check for recalls on appliances and equipment? My Response
- Do you offer a free one year subscription ($199 value) to the Home Owners Network? My Response
- Do you offer deals on alarm system monitoring? My Response
- Do you work on weekends, early mornings and late evenings? My Response
- Can I book the inspection 24/7 online? My Response
- How long is your average report? I have heard there is an inspector who's average report with photos is over 40 pages long. What could be in his report missing from yours? My Response - No need to respond, it's a fact!
- Last, but not least. Do you offer a Monster Free Guarantee? My Response
If you find an inspector who is able to give positive responses to these questions then you should consider them for your inspection. If not, then you might consider a little more investigation beginning with details on this blog (at the links above) from a home inspector who is able to give positive responses.
Are you a Realtor? Might want to ask additional questions:
Yes, home inspectors may look and act similar but there may be a drastic difference in the experience they deliver. Don't be short changed on your experience.
Changing the home inspection landscape in the Triad
One Inspection at a Time